Marketing experts around the world agree that video content is the future of marketing. And when you look at video marketing stats, it’s no wonder!
In fact, about 85% of ALL internet users in the United States watch videos on their devices every month. And more than half of all internet users want videos from brands they like.
But with the challenges brought upon by COVID-19, more brands are having to turn to remote videos to make this happen. As nice as it would be to have a filming crew at your disposal 24/7, we know that’s just not possible for most businesses right now.
Instead, business owners are turning to remote videos to create an effective eCommerce content marketing strategy they need to market their businesses.
If the idea of creating videos for your brand, let alone remote videos, sends shivers down your spine, don’t worry. We’re here to help you create awesome remote videos with less stress!
Before we get to that, take a look at our Video Marketing Crash Course. It covers useful information like why you need to focus on video marketing and how to do it.
Now, it’s time to turn our attention to creating remote videos. And not only that but doing so with less stress!
Creating remote videos with less stress
First, let’s talk about some of the tools (including software and equipment) that can help you get the job done.
Remote video tools
There’s a wide range of tools that will come in handy while filming remotely:
- Stock footage sites: These websites (Unsplash and Pexels, for example) offer free or affordable stock footage that can be incredibly useful. You can use stock footage not only in your remote videos but also in your blogs and other marketing content.
- Video editing software: There are several different video editing platforms that can be helpful, including some with monthly subscription options so you aren’t paying for time when you won’t use it. Adobe Premiere Pro is the go-to choice for most Windows users, while Final Cut Pro X is the most common choice for Mac OS users. Check out this post for even more video editing software to find the right one for you.
- Camera: If you have a smartphone, there’s a good chance it already comes with a great camera! Don’t be afraid to put it to use for creating remote videos. Your laptop camera can also work well. You’ll want your videos to be high resolution, so if your phone or laptop isn’t up to snuff, there are other options. You may want to consider investing in a DSLR camera to get the job done instead!
- Microphone: Again, your smartphone or laptop MIGHT have a high-quality mic that gives you studio-quality audio recordings. But if not, there are plenty of mics available for purchase. An affordable option is a USB clip-on lavalier mic. If you’ve got a bigger budget to work with, consider a USB condenser mic instead.
- Lighting: Natural light works wonders while filming a remote video. Pair that with warm, overhead fill light and a bounce board for edge light, and you’re all set! But not all home offices have that kind of lighting, and your favorite coffee shop might not be open either. So, consider purchasing a ring light and you can film remote videos anytime.
Types of videos
Now that you know about the tools you need to capture remote videos, let’s talk about the types of marketing videos you can create.
Demos or tutorials: If you’re a business owner who sells a product, chances are you’ve got at least one of those products on hand. Why not make a remote video where you show your followers how to use the product? This is a great way to pique their interest. At the same time, it also educates and informs them about your product and how wonderful/easy to use it is!
Explainers: Another great way to inform your customers or followers about something related to your business is with an explainer video. This is different from a product demo or tutorial because it goes in-depth on a more complicated issue or strategy. To keep on track with current events, it could even be an explainer video sharing how your business follows CDC guidelines for protecting employees and customers and still offers fantastic customer service.
Q and As: Do you get the same questions all the time about your business? Why not create a video answering all of those questions in one place? Or, use an Instagram Live video to film a Q&A with your followers so they can ask questions and get answers right away.
Interviews: Interviews are another way to make use of remote videos. Perhaps a staff member interviews the owner/president of a company about the business’ backstory and history. Or maybe you can get in touch with someone from a relevant industry that could provide useful insights to your followers. However you choose to use an interview-style remote video, it’s a low-stress way to create remote videos!
Promoting remote videos
You’ve done the work of creating your remote video, now what about promoting it?
Here are a few quick tips for helping it get seen:
- Use a high-quality thumbnail with a compelling graphic that people are more likely to click
- Share it on multiple social media platforms (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), multiple times, with multiple headlines
- Add subtitles so viewers can watch with the sound off and to make the content more accessible
- Include a powerful CTA (call to action).
And finally, remember that help is available!
Even during these unprecedented times, Blue Water Marketing can help with all of your marketing needs. Using our content marketing services, we can help make sure your remote videos are seen by as many eyes as possible! Not to mention, we can also help you drive traffic to your website, improve your ROI, help with web design, and much more.
As a full-service content marketing agency, we help build demand, awareness, thought leadership, and conversions for B2B companies.
Our content marketing programs include strategy, creation, technology, tools, distribution, and measurement for driving results. We help organizations build agile and smart content engines that generate leads and sales.
Is that exactly what your business has been looking for? Get in touch today, and we’ll get started.