How Important is Responsive Web Design?
Responsive web design is a must have for any website in today’s date and age. Sites that lack mobile-friendliness are more liking to lose visits as well as rank worse on search engine results. Find out why below.
What is Responsive Web Design?
Responsive Web Design & SEO
Here is what the update affected:
- Affects only search rankings on mobile devices.
- Affects search results in all languages globally.
- Applies to individual pages, not entire websites.
Statistics of Mobile Usage
So you came here to learn why responsive web design is important. As the years go on, more and more people are using their smartphones for everything to running businesses, watching TV shows, and listening to music. If you have a website, you will get visitors that are on their phone. Here are some statistics about mobile internet traffic:
- According to Statista, “In 2018, 52.2 percent of all website traffic worldwide was generated through mobile phones, up from 50.3 percent in the previous year.”
- 51% of customers say that they use mobile devices to discover new brands and products (Google)
- 89% of people are likely to recommend a brand after a positive brand experience on Mobile (Google)
Better User Experience
Responsive web design is not a trend in today’s web design environment. It is here to stay and has even become a must-do for any website. Responsive web design will help you rank better on search engine results pages and create a pleasurable experience for your website guests. Guests that have trouble navigating your website on a mobile device will most likely need and as stated above that’s more than half. If you need help with your website visit our web design page to learn more.
Blue Water Marketing